General Research Programs
- Breeding of medicinal plants and cereals
- Breeding of Vegetables (Melon and Tomato)
- Crops improvement of medicinal and industrial Plants
- Breeding of major forage plants for environmental stress
- Integrated weed management with the approach of reducing herbicide consumption and increasing their efficiency especially under environmental stress conditions.
- Investigation of effects and management of abiotic stresses in crops and medicinal plants
- Adopt measures for sustainable and organic agriculture
- Investigation of physiological, ecological and anatomical characteristics of plants and the role of these factors in improving yield
- The use of modeling and new software in better understanding and analysis of various plant mechanisms
- Study of seed nature and processes to increase its ability to cope with adverse environmental conditions and its processing, storage and production
- Plant tissue culture (micro-propagation) and its applications in agriculture
- Metabolomics, or analysis of all cellular metabolites, is a new and powerful tool for further entry into the field of molecular biology in plants
- Application of ecological concepts and principles for design and management of agricultural ecosystems
New scientific achievements
- Nomani, M., Sadat Noori, S.A., Tohidfar, M., Ramshini, H., 2019. Overexpression of TPS2 gene to increase thymol content using Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation in Trachyspermum ammi (Qom ecotype). Ind. Crops Prod. 130, 63– 70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2018.12.076.
- Sousaraei, N., Ramshini, H., Lotfi, M., Sharzei, A., 2018. Marker assisted backcrossing for introgression of Fusarium wilt resistance gene into melon. Euphytica 214, 7. doi:10.1007/s10681-017-2080-4
- Pouyesh, A., Lotfi, M., Ramshini, H., Karami, E., Shamsitabar, A., Armiyoun, E., 2017. Genetic analysis of yield and fruit traits in cantaloupe cultivars. Plant Breeding. 136, 569–577. doi:10.1111/pbr.12486
- Rahimi Jahangirlou, M.; Akbari, G.A.; Alahdadi, I.; Soufizadeh, S.; Parsons, D. Grain Quality of Maize Cultivars as a Function of Planting Dates, Irrigation and Nitrogen Stress: A Case Study from Semiarid Conditions of Iran. Agriculture 2021, 11. http://dx. doi.org/10.3390/agriculture11010011.
- Kiani, M. Alahdadi, I. Soltani, E. Boelt, B. Benakashani, F. 2020. Variation of seed oil content, oil yield, and fatty acids profile in Iranian Nigella sativa L. landraces. Industrial Crops and Products Volume 149, July 2020, 112367. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2020.112367.
- Soltani, E. Baskin, J. Baskin, M. Carol, C. Benakashani, F. 2020. A meta-analysis of the effects of treatments used to break dormancy in seeds of the megagenus Astragalus (Fabaceae). Seed Science Research. 30, 3. P1-10. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0960258520000318.
- Ghorbani Javid, M. Hoseinifard, M- S. Allahdadi, I. Soltani E. 2021. Hormonal Priming with BAP and GA3 Induces Improving Yield and Quality of Safron Flower through Promotion of Carbohydrate Accumulation in Corm. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. 130, Published: 18 January 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00344-020-10286-y.
- Izadi‑Darbandi, A. Younessi‑Hamzekhanlu, M. Sticklen, M. 2020. Metabolically engineered rice biomass and grain using genes associated with lipid pathway show high level of oil content. Molecular Biology Reports (2020) 47:7917–7927. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11033-020-05837-1.
- Rahimi Milashi, L. Ghorbani Javid, M. Alahdadi, I. Izadi Darbandi, A. 2020. Alleviation of salt stress and improvement of Fe accumulation in wheat grain, using slow-release fertilizer enriched with Fe. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 1-12. https:// doi:10.1080/01904167.2020.1799007.
- Bahmankar M, Mortazavian SMM, Tohidfar M et al (2017) Chemical compositions, somatic embryogenesis, and somaclonal variation in cumin. BioMed Res Int 2017:1–15. https://doi. org/10.1155/2017/7283806.
- Shafiee, P. Amini1, F. Mirzaghaderi, Gh. Mortazavian, SMM. Sadat Noori.SA. 2019. Karyotype Analysis in Six Species of Lolium and Festuca (Poaceae). Cytologia 85(4): 281–288.
- Akbari, Gh- A. Binesh, S. Ramshini, H. Soltani, E. Amini, F. Mirfazeli, M- S. 2019. Selection of basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) full-sib families from diverse landraces. Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants 12 (2019) 66–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jarmap.2018.12.003.