Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LxcWDR4AAAAJ&hl=en
Associate Professor, Molecular Plant Breeding
Research Methodology in Plant Breeding
My field of study is plant breeding. For a long time, I have studied and practiced plant genetics. I am interested in plant molecular breeding. With the emergence of new technologies such as different molecular markers, their application for plant genetic improvement is very exciting for me. I am especially interested in Melon and Tomato breeding. Melon is an important crop in Iran with wonderful diversity in shape and taste. We try to transfer important genes into high yield varieties via classic and modern methods. Tomato is also a very important vegetable and is cultivated across the country. Hybrid seed technology needs elite lines with different resistance genes against plant diseases. In a national project we try to produce improved lines.
- Ramezani, F., Ramshini, H., Lotfi, M., Mortazavian MM., and , Pour-Mombeini, S., 2020. SNP marker assisted selection for improving the sugar content in the cantaloupe. Iranian Journal of Horticultural Science. 51 (1), 165-176. (Full paper in Persian).
- Akbari, G. A., Binesh, S., Ramshini, H., Soltani, E., Amini, F., & Mirfazeli, M. S. 2019. Selection of basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) full-sib families from diverse landraces. Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 12(December 2018), 66–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jarmap.2018.12.003
- Sousaraei, N., Ramshini, H., Lotfi, M., Sharzei, A., 2018. Marker assisted backcrossing for introgression of Fusarium wilt resistance gene into melon. Euphytica 214, 7. doi:10.1007/s10681-017-2080-4
- Pouyesh, A., Lotfi, M., Ramshini, H., Karami, E., Shamsitabar, A., Armiyoun, E., 2017. Genetic analysis of yield and fruit traits in cantaloupe cultivars. Plant Breeding. 136, 569–577. doi:10.1111/pbr.12486
- Gholizadeh, RS., Nourinejhad, Zh., Jafari, M., and Ramshini, H., 2016. Genetic diversity of cucumber mosaic virus isolates in melon farms of Varamin. Iranian plant protection congress.